Being the most attractive home decor accessory, throw pillows have gained a lot of popularity in the recent years. They add both style and functionality to your home décor and any sofa, chair or bed would look incomplete until throw pillows sit on them. You choose them and place them to add colors and patterns to your home décor but do you know that these pillows are available in a variety of types? Read below to learn about the types of throw pillows:
1.Knife Edge Pillow: This is the most common and the basic type. Basically, this type of pillow consists of two pieces of fabrics, which are sewn together around the edges to form a knife edge. These throw pillows are available in square and round shape but can also be made in a lumbar pillow to give rest to your lower back.
2. Box Pillow: Made with flat sides, a box pillow features taller edges and is made like a box. These pillows are mainly kept on chair, sofa or as back cushions when filled with a piece of foam. The sides of this pillow are either made of flat fabric or shirred fabric and it can contrast the top of pillow or can match it.
3. Bolster Pillow: Cylindrical in shape, bolster pillows come in many sizes and they either have flat ends or ends that are gathered and tied with a ribbon. They look sleek and give an elegant look to your furniture.
4. Silk Pillows: Fancy and elegant, these square throw pillows are made of silk and are very soft, perfect to highlight heavy designs and furniture, these pillows are available in a variety of colors and shades. The silk pillows can be placed anywhere in the home on bed, sofa, chair, window seat etc.
5. Toss Pillows: The name tells you everything there is to know about this category of pillows. Being small and decorative pillows, these pillows can be tossed on a bed, couch and chair or anywhere where you want to add some color. They are available in various colors and sizes.
6. Embellished Pillows: These types of pillows include fancy trims around the edges, like fringe, beading or have small decorative accessories like beading, buttons, tassels attached to the front of the pillow.
7. Sham Pillow: Equipped with a deep flanged edge, these pillows offer a quick and easy way to update your room like a new season or celebration.
Throw pillows are available in a wide variety of styles, sizes, shapes and colors. To get the best results, just mix and match all the varieties to add pattern and color to your home.
Welcome to RugPal, a leading online store of designer area rugs, runners and accessories like throw pillows, rug pads, throws, chair pads etc. Visit to browse through our extensive inventory.